Truth Tuesday – O Come, Let Us Adore Him
I unpacked my Willow Tree Nativity set this past weekend. It was a lovely gift to me from a group of women that I mentored for several years. I can’t help but think of each one of them as I set it up each year. I also think about the stories of Christ birth as I pull out each piece from the storage box…Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus…the shepherd and the lambs…the wise men and camel.
As I sat in my chair, looking at the nativity set, my mind wandered a bit, thinking about the wise men that found Jesus. I turned in my Bible and read these verses:
“Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the reign of King Herod.
About that time some wise men from eastern lands arrived in Jerusalem, asking,
‘Where is the newborn king of the Jews?
We saw his star as it rose, and we have come to worship him'”.
Matthew 2:1-2 (NLT)
“On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary,
and they bowed down and worshipped Him.
Then they opened their treasures and presented Him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.”
Matthew 2:11 (NIV)
These wise men left their daily duties and responsibilities behind and traveled many, many miles to find Jesus. They searched and found Him so that they could worship and adore Him. Should we not be doing this as well?
December always brings about duties, events and responsibilities that fill our “to-do list” daily. While trying to get it all done, it will be easy to miss Jesus, the true reason for this season. Lets purpose this year to search for Jesus carefully and diligently just as the wise men did.
It might look like…
- Stopping in the middle of a shopping day to sit in our car for a few moments quietly praying that God will help us center our thoughts on Jesus more than the tasks that we have scheduled to be done.
- Giving Him the gift of time each day to pick up our Bible to read and absorb the account of Jesus’ miraculous birth.
- Decorating your home with reminders of Christ birth like a nativity, a sign with the words of your favorite Christmas hymn, or placing a wallpaper on your computer or phone that reminds you to focus on celebrating Christ at Christmas.
- Listening to worshipful Christmas music throughout the day and singing along.
- Ending each December day by thanking God for the gift of His Son and for the ways you adore Him.
As we search each day to find ways to worship Jesus, let us also not forget to share Him with others by serving them and finding ways to bless intentionally.
Have a grace full week finding Christ in the middle of your hustle and bustle and stopping to adore Him ~